Each year more and more businesses and persons with disabilities work together to help bridge the employment gaps that exist in our communities. Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day is recognized for growth and effectiveness and is pleased to be mentioned in the 2017 Ontario Budget, Inclusive Skills Development. The budget announcement pertains to a new strategy for employment for people with disabilities, which was launched June 5, 2017. Access Talent: Ontario’s Employment Strategy for People with Disabilities, recognizes that making workplaces accessible and educating employers is essential to increasing employment for people with disabilities. DMD is proud to be a part of this innovative and progressive plan to help increase opportunity for many talented Ontarians. Click here to view Ontario’s Employment Strategy for People with Disabilities.
We look forward to 2017 as we begin to work with other provinces and demonstrate best practices.
DMD 2017 takes place on October 25.
Sponsorship opportunities are now available.
What is DMD?
Mission: Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day utilizes technology to help bridge the talent, communication and knowledge gaps between business, employment and community supports, and persons with disabilities
Goals for Disabilities Mentoring Day:
- To provide mentees access to workplace contacts, environments, skills, & HR process,
- To increase confidence among students and jobseekers with disabilities,
- To enhance internship, co-operative education and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,
- To dispel employers’ fears about hiring people with disabilities and promote disability confidence,
- To give employers an opportunity to benchmark themselves as being accessible to what is a largely untapped pool of talent as well as a massive consumer market.
When is this day held?
Disabilities Mentoring Day will be held on October 25, 2017. The day is always held on the last Wednesday of October.
Want your city to host an event, contact email@example.com
Registration is now open, visit our registration page.
If you would like information about participating in DMD 2017 as a community partner/coordinator, or to participate as an employer, please contact Jamie Burton: firstname.lastname@example.org.