What is DMD?
Mission: Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day utilizes technology to help bridge the talent, communication and knowledge gaps between business, employment and community supports, and persons with disabilities
Goals for Disabilities Mentoring Day:
- To provide mentees access to workplace contacts, environments, skills, & HR process,
- To increase confidence among students and jobseekers with disabilities,
- To enhance internship, co-operative education and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,
- To dispel employers’ fears about hiring people with disabilities and promote disability confidence,
- To give employers an opportunity to benchmark themselves as being accessible to what is a largely untapped pool of talent as well as a massive consumer market.
When is this day held?
Disabilities Mentoring Day will be held on October 26, 2016. The day is always held on the last Wednesday of October.
This year we will be hosting events in Waterloo Region, London, Brantford, Hamilton, Kingston, Toronto, Halifax, Boston, Hong Kong, France & UK.
Want your city to host an event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org